Second Day With Students

Today was the second day with my students. There are still several schedule changes to be ironed out. Unfortunately I had five students fail my class and they have no choice but to take the class again or switch to Spanish next year. Three of those students are still in my class because they have not received or requested a new schedule, which is uncomfortable. So I am guessing I will end up with a total of right under 100 students in my four classes, which is good. My second period French class which had talked to Manuela Da Silva on reducing the use of plastics, will create some bird feeders out of milk jugs. Our art teacher gave me that idea. We were going to make a plastic sculpture, but we were scared it would blow away in a wind storm. These bird feeders should be fairly sturdy and hopefully will look cute in the court yard. We are learning clothing vocabulary in our chapter work in both French and German classes. It seems like the students are catching on quickly, which makes me happy. Healthwise I am better today. Yesterday I actually had a horrible backache after school that lasted two hours or more. Today was a better day, though. I feel like we are on the right track. Oh yes, and we have now textbooks arriving for us to review for next year's book adoptions. This is too cool. We didn't much care for the first set that arrived, but I am sure we will get some better offers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please let 2019 be my best year ever

Last Day of Winter Break

Spring Break in Tennessee