Frying Up Some Carne Picada

Things are looking up. I am currently frying up some great carne picada. Love that stuff. I just fry some onions, garlic and bell peppers. Remove them from the pan, add the carne picada with some salt and pepper, fry a few minutes and add the vegatbles back in to seal in some of that great flavor. I then just get some heated tortillas and add a little taco sause to the top of the meat. I just can't imagine anything more delicious to eat this afternoon. I suppose I am getting my appetite back after the kidney surgery thing. This morning we had a surpise sunny day after the local weather channel predicted a rainy day. So I took that as a sign that it was time for me to get out there and take a walk with my dog today rather than on Sunday as planned. End result is that I walked a mile today. I'm proud that I was able to do that only one week after the surgery. I guess one week of inactivity didn't destroy my fitness completely. Perhaps on Sunday I can try for a slow two miles. Could happen. Oh, I didn't have to call my family in to eat. They can running when they smelled the carne picada and wanted to know if it was done. "Try it," I said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please let 2019 be my best year ever

Last Day of Winter Break

Spring Break in Tennessee