MLK Weekend

I am so glad we are on a three-day weekend. Last week was super hectic. The Dualing Language Teachers put out another video last Thursday. It took us four or five attempts to do this but we finally got it. I forwarded it to our principal just to make sure she would know what this is about in case someone asked her about it. Fortunately she liked it. I do believe we have something that the students find interesting and motivating. I found an old video I had made in 2015 where I recorded myself reading the story of the Magic Volcano Dogs. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to record some stories for our students. This could be productive as long as they can understand us. Are we speaking comprehensibly? That would be the key. Last night we had a great dinner PLC at Donna's, a local restaurant here in Madisonville. We had a new guy show up there, a retired EMT. His points of view on education were so telling. I love to get input from community members. So what are we doing next week in my classes? In French we are going to study airplane words and in German birthday celebrations along with a bunch of possessive adjectives, super confusing I'm sure. But I will break it down in small chunks for my students. The weather is quite terrible as I write this blog, by the way, pouring down rain and supposed to get much colder tomorrow and Monday. Fortunately I have food and gas and I do not need to get out for anything, well, except to the mailbox. I'm actually dreading that. My new college classes at Hiwassee and South College are coming along well. I was a little concerend that these Spanish classes would completely mess with my brain, but it is actually ok. My two native speakers at Hiwassee have such a good attitude and it is really easy for me to get through as they partner up with the non native speakers in that night class. So all is well in paradise this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please let 2019 be my best year ever

Last Day of Winter Break

Spring Break in Tennessee