Recovering from lithotripsy procedure

Last Friday I had a kidney stone blasted with a procedure called lithotripsy. The recovery from that has been far from easy. The entry wound for those shock waves actually looked like some kind of gun shot wound. Surprisingly, that part didn't even hurt. The stent they inserted however, is another matter. Truly uncomfortable to live with. I do hope it will be removed tomorrow at the follow-up appointment, but we will see. Going to work with that thing still in place would just be awful. So glad I got all of my back to school work done immediately after we got out for Winter Break. So I'm at home today, sipping tea and taking it easy. Yesterday's short trip to Ingles didn't go too well. Today I ventured out to Walmart by myself and it was fine, no dizzy spells. Scared for a moment that I may not be able to find my car, but it was on row 8 as I clearly recalled. So, yes, I am recovering, not in two days as the Internet claims, but I am getting there. Oh yes, my New Year's resolution is to reduce the amounts of plastics I will use this year. This was inspired by the numerous near-future Netflix movies I've been watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please let 2019 be my best year ever

Last Day of Winter Break

Spring Break in Tennessee