30 days of blogging is over

I really tried. I tried to post more on this blog. It is discouraging though when you realize very few or no one is even reading this. Perhaps I have too much other stuff going on, such as our YouTube channel, teaching at three different places and attempting to even have a personal life. I realized the other day at our UT alumni meeting that I have not much of a personal life so I will make a concerted effort to get out more, probably hike more in the state parks. We ordered a state park passport and do not have anything marked as done except for Fort Loudoun State Park which is down the road from here. Today is a marvelous day here in East Tennessee with 60 degree temperatures. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as beautiful. We did go out to the lake and walked three miles, just gorgeous. Everyone had a big smile on their face there. It's funny how good weather makes people feel better about life. So yesterday we were supposed to begin the Steve Kaufman 90 day challenge. Unfortunatly or perhaps fortunately, we had a program at school when he did his life stream. I am not sure how my students would have reacted watching him study Farsi. Well, we will see on Wednesday when he has another stream. I am trying to encourage my students to pick up their language skills for the next three months. They need to take responsibility for their learning. I can put the subject matter out there, but they have to take the initiative to learn and to practice on their own as well. Once they realize this perhaps we will get somewhere. So we will try this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please let 2019 be my best year ever

Last Day of Winter Break

Spring Break in Tennessee