Fall Break Already

I just realized I have not updated my blog since the beginning of the school year. Well, it's all coming along well actually. I now have German classes in the morning and French in the afternoon. This works out a whole lot better somehow. We are stressing can do statements this year. I am up to almost 30 in both French and German classes. Pretty good I may say. The students feel very confident that they actually can do all of those things which amazes me. I teach a lot more relaxed this year, having the students get out of their seats more. We do a lot of circle activities where I am a participating member in the activity, which is fun. This helps us bond nicely, too. ACT for seniors is over, meaning that the formal observation is next. Still have to work a bit on timing to get all of the hoopla for TEAM in within the time allowed. This week was Fall Break. I packed a lot of outdoor activities and exercise into the week off from school. The hike to Andrews Bald in the Smokies and the hike up the Bald River Falls were the highlights. I am now refreshed and ready to return to school on Monday. Well, maybe I'm half kidding here, maybe not. A student emailed the other day asking me what we are doing on Monday and I actually went to school and checked what was on the lesson plan. German classes will go over the German school system, then create a podcast talking about it. French classes will be on the calendar, and scheduling activities and classes. In November, I will participate in the Global Education Conference and present on the Volstate Seal of Biliteracy. That presentation is almost finished. I worked on it a bit every day over Fall break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please let 2019 be my best year ever

Last Day of Winter Break

Spring Break in Tennessee