Summer 2021: What to do

We have made it through an entire year with in person teaching during a pandamic. Let that sink in for a moment. We did well. Students learned a lot and we had smaller class sizes due to some students going on virtual school. In some regards this was a good year. It was peaceful. Virtually no discipline issues with any student in my classes. No, not all had the best attitude every day. But they came to school. We talked, we laughed and we learned. As a teacher with now 34 years of teaching behind me I am satisfied that I did my best. I am now slowly shedding the mask. I went to Walmart without one (yes, fully vaccinated). I felt a bit like a rebel doing it. Most people didn't wear one either. For some reason it is hard to plan things for this summer. I don't need rest. I need some excitement in my life. I want to travel somewhere but I can't decide where to go. Initially I wanted to do a cross country car trip in the SUV, but now that seems too hard. So we are doing smaller day trips for now. We hike in the woods to get oxygen and to breathe the mountain air. Oh and we paddle, so much fun! That is what I've needed and continue to need this summer. As a teacher of course you never lose the urge to learn new things over the summer. So, I am grateful to get to attend the AATSP conference in Atlanta in July. There will be so much learning with so many opportunities to make new connections. As an intravert, will I be albe to get out and make the effort to seek out those connections? That will be my challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please let 2019 be my best year ever

Last Day of Winter Break

Spring Break in Tennessee